Saturday, November 7, 2009

Peace, Love & Football

At the last minute my dad asked me to join him on a whirlwind weekend trip to North Carolina. Both of my parents grew up in NC and all of our family and many of my parents’ close friends live here. My dad comes down often, and for the past four years I have accompanied him for a quick weekend of visiting as many people as possible. The trips are always too short and we always pack too much in, but I love them. In addition to the usual hectic schedule of visiting friends and family, there are also two football games thrown into the mix this year. Last night was my first football game ever. And while I didn’t really understand what was going on the whole time, it was exciting to watch my friend’s team beat the other team 35-14. And the second game should be even more fun, we are headed to Chapel Hill to watch the UNC game tonight. My dad went to UNC Chapel Hill, so I am a Tar Heel born and raised, and I can’t wait for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment